Joseph is the owner, broker and president of Betancourt Realty, Inc, established in 1996, and has maintained an outstanding record of success in the marketing of city properties for individual owners as well as architects and builders. Joseph has a unique understanding of the culturally diverse neighborhoods that make up the city. Through strong leadership, teamwork, and an innovative entrepreneurial spirit, Joseph has built his reputation and that of Betancourt Realty to be known as one of the top real estate companies in Chicago. Joseph has sold and built new developments throughout the Chicagoland area since 1998. His hard work and self-motivation has launched him into being one of the top, most successful businessmen in Chicago.
Joseph is a proactive person, always seeking to provide the best service to his clients. Joseph is a certified International Realtor and actively seeks business opportunities locally and globally. In addition, he is also is tapping into the International Real Estate market and completed the renowned International Real Estate course in 2008. Joseph attended an international real estate conference in New York City at the United Nations for FIABCI, the International Real Estate Federation, at which, one of Joseph’s projects was featured and recognized as a marketing piece. Joseph is truly one of Chicago’s top real estate experts. If you have the pleasure of working with Joseph and the team at Betancourt Realty, you will see why Joseph’s clients never go anywhere else for all of their real estate needs.
Betancourt Realty is also the listing, marketing, and selling agent for all of Josephs’ new development project. Joseph has developed or rehabilitated more than 150 properties through his development company, B.P. Development
Through B.P. Development Joseph:
• Manages and packages large-scale, multi-million dollar complex financial transactions
• Builds and designs new construction, rehabilitates existing properties, and constructs multi-residential
condominiums and commercial buildings
• Competes for highly competitive RFP’s to develop a multi-million dollar properties
• Assists in preparation of blueprints, reads blueprints and designs interior floor plans
• Manages and directs day-to-day construction tasks and develops plans
• Holds a record of developing more than 150 condominium units in the Chicago Metropolitan area
Awards & Recognition:
• Appointed Green Coordinator of Local School Council for LaSalle II, 2010
• Board Director of Wicker Park & Bucktown Chamber of Commerce (Chairperson for New
Construction, the Green Committee and New Members)
• US Green Building Council, 2010
• Chicago Association of Realtors Award for top residential producer for exceeding $21 million in
• “Good Service Award” from The Wicker Park Chamber of Commerce, 2002
• “Most Property Sold in Logan Square Award,” 2001
• Chicago Association of Realtors
• National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professional
• Published and recognized in The Chicago Tribune and Realtor Magazine, available upon request
• Member of The Human Rights Campaign
• Member of Equality Illinois
• Volunteer and CO mm unity Organizer for Logan Square Neighborhood Association
• Participant of Chicago AIDS Marathon
• Member of Economic Development Community
• Member of East Village Association
• Member of North Pulaski Chamber of Commerce
• Member of Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce
• Member of Latin Chamber of Commerce
• Member of West Town Chamber of Commerce
• Member of Logan Square Chamber of Commerce
• Recycling block leader
Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Illinois
• Eco Broker Certified, Chicago, Illinois, 2010
• Seeking LEED AP Designation, 2010
• National Association of Realtors Green Designated Realtor, 2010
• Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) Real Estate course, Chicago, Illinois, 2008
• Member of International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI)
"The depth and breath of Joe's professional expertise is matched only by his commitment to community betterment.
He definitely knows the in and outs of Chicago's real estate market, especially throughout the Wicker Park/Bucktown area, and generously donates his time and experience to any number of neighborhood organizations and civic groups.
I have collaborated closely with him through the Wicker Park and Bucktown Chamber of Commerce on many projects, initiatives, and activities. It's clear that his intense work ethic, leadership skills, and years of expertise all figure into the reasons Betancourt Realty receives so many referrals from satisfied clients, whether they are renters, buyers, or sellers.
I have consistently referred him to my circle of clients and friends who are looking for space, and will absolutely do so in the future."
- Stephanie Sack
"To start off, I worked with Joe Betancourt in a very different capacity than these previous reviews. He was my realtor during the process of finding my first home/rental property.
I had worked with other realtors in the past, but Joe was very different. His knowledge surrounding rental/investment properties and insight into different neighborhoods was invaluable... Joe also has a very no BS approach and will be extremely honest with you...which I found refreshing compared to most others in the business that tend to sugar coat everything. And when it comes to negotiation, there's NO ONE else I would rather have on my side of the table. He is very business savvy and will fight for you.
Absolutely could not be happier with the service and experience Joe provided me. I ended up with the perfect house, at a steal of a price, and couldn't of done it without him."
- Joe O.
"Joe is on top of his market and is well connected in the business community. He has a good understanding of the landscape and has an excellent team supporting him. Joe is a top performer when it comes to moving real estate!"
- John Hennelly
"Joe is a very knowledgeable, ingenious person who exhibits honesty and integrity at all times when dealing with clients and the general public. I've had the pleasure of knowing Joe for many years, and in all that time, his work ethic and professionalism has always been of the highest quality; he also has a very pleasant disposition! He understands all facets of the buying and selling process and demonstrates that knowledge easily when confronted with difficult issues and/or challenges with the greatest amount of ease! It is with great pleasure that I fully recommend Joe as Real Estate Professional!!"
- Frank Hernandez
"Joe is a detail orientated owner and manager of his real estate company. He has been in the business of real estate sales and leasing for over 25 years in Chicago. He is also a developer and knows all of the ins and outs of the real estate business. He has a great reputation on the street while maintaining a medium sized real estate company.
He knows a lot about the West Town area as well as other parts of the city. He is a true professional in the business"
- Phil Burnstine
"I have enjoyed working with Joe in the past as he is on his game and looks out for his clients best interests."
- Shimmy Braun
"I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Betancourt, about 5 years ago at a networking event for the Wicker Park- Bucktown Chamber of Commerce. Within seconds of meeting Joe’s give first mentality connected my partner and I with 4 local business owners looking for services we provided.
Our relationship blossomed and along with working for Joe, our company rented beautiful office space from Betancourt Realty. Over the years Joe became a friend involving us with his company, network, and family. From political fundraisers to community activists Joe knows them all.
Aside from the great man he is Joe is also an accomplished business owner. Joe Betancourt is a staple in Chicago when it comes to Real Estate industry.
Looking for your next home or office? Contact Joe Betancourt you won’t be disappointed!"
- George Zamarron
"I work with Joe Betancourt at his brokerage again. I started my RE career with his office in 2001 and I am honored to be back home in the great city of Chicago and at the office that I truly feel is the right fit for me. Joe and I share mutual admiration and respect. Our work ethic, drive, expectations and standards are very much parallel and key in the dynamics of our business relationship."
- Laura Rivera
"I rented an apartment from Joe for three years. During that time, he was consistently understanding, responsive, and professional. Thanks, Joe!"
- Jessica Shaffer
"Joe Betancourt is a great realtor and wonderful person to work with. While working with him, I realized how much he cared about his clients. He made sure to find the most perfect homes/apartments no matter what the price range was.
Since my employment at Betancourt Realty, I have recommended them to everyone I knew seeking a place to live in the Chicago area because I know it is the best place to go."
- Christine Andzejewicz